Monday, August 13, 2007

Whiter? Brighter?

Today I begin to test the new Listerine White Strips to see if I can get any of the youthful, alabaster glow of my teeth to return to the surface. A few things about this experiment:

1) FULL DISCLOSURE: I received the strips as part of a word of mouth marketing campaign that Listerine is running through BzzAgent.com. It's a volunteer marketing company and I've been involved in one other campaign that they've worked on - a business book. I'm not sure if I helped them on that, and it was several years ago.
2) If it doesn't work you'll know and see it.

I'm going to post a picture each day of what my chompers look like and see if the week long trial makes any difference. The first hesitation I've had with these things is whether they cause pain as they strip the enamel off of the teeth (or if that's even how they work). I'm pleased to say that one dose in, there is no pain. The strips are clear and they really don't show up much.

I also feared horrible taste, though the Listerine brand made me think that at least I might get an overlypowerful mediciney mint taste. Neither proved true. They really don't taste like anything, but I know there's something there. Something not quite bland or bereft of flavor, but nothing I can pin down. Maybe paper, but without the advantage of being able to make spit balls.

Anyway - picture #1 will be added to the post when I get home tonight and I'll update daily. What fun my blog is! "Watch my coffee affected teeth get incrementally lighter! Hot damn!"

No comments: